Thursday, July 21, 2005

ewwwwwwwww germs.....

Things are going great. I cant believe how fast the time is flying by. Yesterday we had a FJV (former volunter) and talk to us about health. She did a great job and we even go a little messy with one of her deminstrations...Lets just say if germs were chocolate pudding it would make it a lot easier to know when one need to wash there hands. Today are disscussions and presenter is also a former volunteer. We are getting a one day crash course in how to teach. So far we have talked about the three learning styles and the 8 different types of inteligences. Its so crazy to think that in a little over two weeks I'll begin teaching. Today was also great because I also go to sit down with Mary Beth, a FJV who went to Majuro. I got to see pictures!!! and im so pumped. They look very simular to the pictures at the link to the right. The house and school where I'll be teaching are next to each other, and the water looks beautiful. I also learned that we will have to boil all the water we use outside of shower water. for a minumum of 20 minutes. As far as community goes. Emily, Jacqueline and myself are making great bonds. I think these next two years are going to me great.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there little brother! It sounds like you are having the time of your life and I couldn't be happoer for you! A daily report of your goings are is tooooo awesome, it's like we are all living this adventure with you! April, Clare, Dan...it's Dayna, I hope you are all doing well! Thank you for being such amazing people and such an integral part of Greg's suppot system and his life, we all cherish you! Long Live The Core Four! Hugs and Kisses all around!

Anonymous said...

Nice spelling on my part, you can tell there ain't no spell checker on this blog! :o}

Caitlin said...

I'm so excited for you! And missing you, and I hope you keep up with the blog when you're in majuro--it makes me feel like you're not so far away. Love you!

Maggie said...

Gosh, I know you've gotta be crazy with excitement by now! Good luck and keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

Hi there dear Greg,

I just can't tell you how excited I am for you!!! When is your first day of teaching...maybe our first days will be the same!! It is 4:04 in the morning and I just got back from a great night of celebrating!!! Summer school is over and I'm headed for Nashville in the morning. Then I'm Biloxi bound. I had a great night of dancing and it made me miss you even more then I usually do. I got my pictures back from the weekend in Chicago...they are pretty good. Maybe if you are lucky I'll send a copy all the way down to the Marshall islands!! I hope you have a fabulous Friday. Tell Emily and Jackie that I say hi. P.S. I got the name of the guy who will be on the main island, I'll email it to you.
Missing you,
Clare

Anonymous said...

Shout out to Dayna...I hope you are well!!!

.daniel. said...

Hey gregle! Well, the iPod thing isn't going well. It's not registering for some reason. My computer is better, but I've spent the entire day working on it. I'm going to spend dinner with Clare's parents without Clare--how fun is that?!? Hehe. Anyway...I'll talk to you later, hossie...you better call me on Saturday like you said you would. :) Have fun for me. I'm saying some prayers about the worms already, little skinny Gregle. :)